My wife is a sucker for a good breaded chicken. It's one of her favorite meals. I've tried a lot of different recipes, but this is the one she insists I keep coming back to. That's good for me; this one is one of the easiest.
Breaded Baked Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons oregano
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 cup french dressing (no... really, trust me on this one!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano in a large shakeable container (I use a large bowl with a lid).
3. Cut chicken to desired size (I usually do strips but you could do nuggets or even full chicken breasts if you wanted. Coat generously with French dressing. If it doesn't seem like you have enough don't be scared to add more, you want to make sure it's coated well.
4. Put the chicken (one piece at a time for best results) in with the bread crumb mixture and shake until completely chicken is completely coated. Again, don't be shy here. Make more of the breadcrumb mixture if you have to. I'd recommend against putting extra bread crumbs on with your hands (since too much can result in soggy breading at the end) but as much as you can "shake on" to the chicken is good.
5. Add chicken to a lightly greased 9x13 pan and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
Enjoy. No eggs, no flour, no frying, just a tasty baked breaded chicken.